The Olympiad is an international event which promotes learning English language, challenges students around the globe to compete in English language knowledge and improves the co-operation between teachers. It is open to students 6 – 19 years old from the whole world. The Olympiad will be run in three rounds: preliminary round, semi-final round and final round.The first round and the second round (10% of the highest scores from each participating test center in the first round) will be held within the students’ country. Hippo Global Association will select the winners of the second round to participate in the final round in Lido di Jesolo (Venezia), Italy in May 2020.
|1 st Hippo 2013||2nd Hippo 2014||3rd Hippo 2015||4th Hippo 2016||5th Hippo 2017||6th Hippo 2018||7th Hippo 2019|
|preliminary round participants||5000 students||11000 students||11300 students||11500 students||15500 students||22155 students||36000 students|
|Semifinal participants||2000 students||2200 students||2500 students||6173 students|
|Finalists||44 students||64 students||68 students||77 students||85 students||99 students||165 students|
You can click the link to watch Hippo 2019 Highlights:
The objectives of HIPPO 8th INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE Olympiad
• The main goal is to create and nourish friendly relations, international understanding and a spirit of sporting competitiveness between young people interested in English language from all around the world.
• Developing language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
• Qualifying students to participate in the HIPPO 8th INTERNATIONAL ENGLISH LANGUAGE OLYMPIAD.
• The Olympiad encourages the development of a shared sense of identity and integration, serves as a role model for young people living together as one community .
• Developing students' ability to think and analyze information in English.
• Establishing the importance of the English language and its use in dealing in any country in the world and linking it to daily life.
• Discovering the outstanding students in the English language to join them in specialized training programs to develop their skills in the English language.